Friday, April 8, 2016

3rd Quarter Reflection

Prompts:
-In what area do you think you made your biggest improvements in English Language Arts?
-What is something you have accomplished this quarter that you are proud of?
-What has been the most challenging part of 3rd Quarter for you and what did/can you do to help overcome this?

          I think I made my biggest improvements in English/LA this quarter in writing. This is because we wrote a arguementative essay. I felt that every draft that we revised my paper got better and using the TIQA strategy to write the paper help me practice that format. I also learned how to in text citate. I feel after writing this paper that I have been able to write more effectively and straight to the point.

          One thing that accomplished this quarter that I am proud of is doing my tasks when they are given. What I mean by this is that for example, an AoW is given on Monday and due on Thursday, I would do the AoW on Monday. I am proud of this because I learned to not wait until the last minute to do things because then I would stress out and write something that wasn't worth writing. Instead I have learned that if I do the assignment right away I find myself having more time and being more relaxed. This in a way adds on to my biggest improvement in writing because with more time I find myself going back and checking on my work.

          The most challenging part of third quarter has been writing the argumentative essay. This is because there were a lot of steps and I had to change some of my sources. To overcome this whenever I had some extra time at home I tried to look at my essay and I tried to revise it. I even put the essay into a website where they dictate what is written. At the end, the argumentative essay was the most challenging part of the third quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment