Thursday, March 26, 2015

Poetry Reflection - James F.

          Poetry is very important in my life. Poetry is important to me because it gives me the opportunity to show what is going on in my life. Poetry is also important because it helps put your thoughts in words. Poetry is also important to me because it has helped me learn new thing like onomatopoeia and other figurative language that I never knew before. Poetry is also important to me because it helps me develop my writing and reading skills whenever I write poems or read other poem. All in all, poetry is important in my life because it helps me develop in many ways.

          Poetry belongs to everyone. Poetry belongs to everyone because it is a way to write down how your day was going and everyone has bad days and good days. Poetry also belongs to everyone because like many of my teachers say, "There is always room to improve." And poetry really helps anyone improve in their language arts and reading skills through writing poems which causes someone to learn figurative language so they can use it in their poem correctly. Poetry also belongs to everyone because when you analyze poems you get better at reading which also helps you improve. Overall, poetry belongs to every one because it helps you improve academically and it also helps you write down how your day was going.

          Your life and a every single one of your life experiences really affects the poem that the you create. Your life and life experiences affect your poem because if you are having a bad day your poem will be a little dark or more sad. Your life and life experiences also affect your poem because if you are having the best day ever and everything is going your way your poem will be more happy or even humorous. Your life and life experiences also affect your poem because if your whole life in general is not very uplifting your poems will be less happy and maybe even have an even mix of both good and bad in your poems. Your life and life experiences also affect your poem because if your whole life in general is very fun and everyday is just to fun to describe then your poems with most likely talk about the fun times you have or relate to the fun times that you had. At the end, your life and a every single one of your life experiences really affects the poem that the you create.



Where I'm From Poem
Two Voice Poem
Spine Poem
Found Poem
Nonsense Poem

1 comment:

  1. Great reflection, James! Make sure you alter the way you begin your sentences because you were a bit repetitive throughout your third paragraph.

    ReplyDelete