Friday, January 22, 2016

2nd Quarter Reflection Blog

Prompts:
-In what area do you think you made your biggest improvements in English Language Arts?
-What is something you have accomplished since the new year that you are proud of?
-What has been the most challenging part of 2nd Quarter for you and what did/can you do to help overcome this?
-What have you learned about the world? 

In English Language Arts I felt I made my biggest improvement in TIQA format. I learned that the introduction to your quote should give some background knowledge prefacing the quote. I also learned how your quote should not be longer than your analysis. If your quote is longer than your analysis than your analysis is most likely missing something. My biggest improvement was in TIQA format because I was able to expand on my knowledge about the "T," the "I," the "Q," and the "A."

Something that I have accomplished in the new year is time management. I say this because I used to do my homework when I came back from practice (9pm) but know I am trying to finish it before I go to practice (7pm). This has really helped me perform better in school and get more work done. This also let me do better while doing my homework because it is easier to do homework while your awake and have it fresh in your mind, than when you are tired and sleepy. Overall, this was a big accomplishment for me because I was able to do better academically.

The most challenging part of second quarter had been keeping up with the novel, To Kill a Mockingbird. This was really challenging because reading two chapters a night was hard. Soon I started to enjoy the book and I was wanting to read ahead and have the next day be easier than the last. I was able to get through the book with ease after the first part. The main reason I started getting into the book was due to the group discussions we had as a class and with our partner.

During the second quarter I learned about an attack that happened in Paris. On 11/13/15 ISIS attacked Paris, France. It was casual Friday night for the civilians of Paris until ISIS appeared and was killing random civilians. One hundred and thirty-two people were found dead and over three hundred and fifty were injured. Due to this attack the Unites States are being more mindful of the refugees they let into America. Another outcome is that the United States was able to protect other places from these kind of attacks due to a message ISIS gave. 

1 comment:

  1. James- I'm glad you enjoyed reading TKAM and that our discussions with the class helped.:) I have definitely your improvement with time management this year. This will help as you enter high school as well.

    ReplyDelete