Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Curious Incident of The Dog in The Night-Time

Book: The Curious Incident of The Dog in The Night-Time
Author: Mark Haddon
Pages: 0 - 62
Prompts:  
1. Which character do you like best? Why?
2. Which character do you like least? Why?
3. Who is the most important character to you? Why?

          The character I like the best, so far, is Christopher Boone. The reason I like this character is because he likes to deal with numbers and is very logical. I know this because in the text, Christopher says, "Prime numbers are what is left when you have taken all the patterns away. I think prime numbers are like life. They are very logical but you could never work out the rules, even if you spent all your time thinking of them." This quote shows how Christopher feels "prime number are like life." I feel the reason I like Christopher is because I can relate to how he enjoys dealing with numbers.

          The character I like least is Mrs. Shears. The reason I dislike Mrs. Shears is because she cursed and yelled at a young child. I know this because in the text Christopher Boone says, "She was shouting, 'What in f**k's name have you done to my dog?'" This quote shows Mrs. Shears' anger and how she made an assumption of what happened. I feel the author chose to make Mrs. Shears rather grumpy because she was older, living on her own, and her dog just died. 

          I feel the most important character is the the victim which is the dog. I feel this because without the victim there wouldn't be a reason to go hunt for the killer, therefore no story. I know this because inthe first few pages of the book Christopher Boone says, "I pulled the fork out of the dog and lifted him into my arms and hugged him. He was leaking blood from the fork-holes." This begining to the book makes me wonder what happened to the dog and who's dog is it. At the end the most imprtant character in the book is the dog because the entire story revolves around the dog, so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment