Wednesday, October 28, 2015

1st Quarter Reflection Blog

Reflection
10/28/15

          During the 1st quarter of school I learned alot. I learned about Syrian Refugees and a small portion of Edgar Allan Poe's writing. I learned that there are Syrians leaving there homeland because of war and more specifically I learned that Mawi graduated from Harvard after being a refugee. We read a part from, "Cask of the Amontillado," by Egdar Allan Poe. In his writing I learned how dark his writing was compared to others back then.

          My research skills have improved during this quarter. I know this because I started to use keywords instead of writing the entire sentence. For example:

What were some traditions in the Venice Carnival?

Key words > Venice Carnival Traditions.

These key words aren't only faster to type but they will give more accurate traditions. This example has to do with the reasearch done before reading Egdar Allan Poe.

          I have also learned new techniques and strategies for writing. I learned how to use the TIQA format for my Of Beetles and Angels blog. The way this format goes is:

Topic sentence
Introducing quote
Quote
Analyze quote

This technique helps me format other blogs that I do not know how to start. I also learned about passive and active writing. Passive writing isn't all that convicing or intresting, but active writing is all the opposite because it is intresting and makes you want to keep on reading. What I found most intresting about these types of writing that is that it all depends on your word choice.



                              

1 comment:

  1. Nice biog, the only thing I would say is how your blog is very short if I were you I would just go in depth that way your blog will be more clear.

    ReplyDelete