Monday, May 18, 2015

Final Reflection Blog 5/15/15

James F.
Reflection

Prompts:
1- What are the three most important things you learned this year?


2- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?



3- What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?



4- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?



5- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?



6- What was the most challenging part of this year for you?



7- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?



8- Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?



9- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?

          I have only been in this class for the 4th quarter, but so far I have learned a few really important things. I learned about figurative language and how it really helps when writing poems. I also learned how to annotate an article, without just highlighting everything. I also learned how to write several different kinds of poetry, which was really interesting to do. One thing that we did this year and I won't forget is reading and viewing Of Mice and Men because it was interesting and fun to read together, as a class.

          This year Mrs. Larson's classroom was very positive. I say this because this year when I first came into the classroom a student that goes by Sonny S. offered to help me transition into this class and introduce me to the schedule and normal things that we do in this class. This quarter I taught one of my classmates how to take better notes. I showed that person how to take better notes during the viewing of Of Mice and Men (the movie). All in all, Mrs. Larson's classroom was very positive and my classmates and I learned a lot.

          Mrs. Larson's literature and language arts classes were very challenging, but I was also able to improve a lot in a specific area. The most challenging part of this year was my first article of the week. The reason that my first article of the week was so challenging was because I did not understand how to do them properly then I clarified how to do the with Mrs. Larson and now I do not have problems doing the article of the week. The specific area that I felt the most improvements was in poetry. I felt the most improvements in poetry because we worked on it a lot and as I made more poetry I felt that it became better and better.


          In these literature and language arts classes I have done a lot of reading and writing. My favorite book that I read this year was The Bad Beginning: Series of Unfortunate Events, by Lemony Snicket. I liked this book so much because it was the introduction book to the rest of the Series of Unfortunate Events. I also like this book because it was a great fiction story about how the Bauldaire orphans became orphans. I think that my best piece of writing was my "Dream Poem." I say that this is my best piece of writing because it was my latest piece of poetry and I felt that I put enough time and effort into it in order to make it a great piece of work. 

          For the future students of Mrs. Larson's literature and language arts classes I recommend many things. I recommend you have confidence in your work because if not then you probably didn't do your best and then bad consequences come with that. I also recommend that you respect Mrs. Larson because she will be nice if you are nice with her. Last but not least, always listen to the instructions she gives you because it will be extremely hard to do the work without them. Overall, just do positive things and avoid doing the more negative things.


I commented on the following Blogs: Justin R., Jared A., Diana A.

No comments:

Post a Comment