Tuesday, May 5, 2015

AOW Impressions 5/5/15



          Today, I learned about many new things. One of the topics that interested me was "Doomsday at Mercury." This topic was presented by Michael H., and he really inspired me to learn more about this topic. I did some research on this topic and with my research and Micheal's research I learned that the NASA spacecraft set out to go to Mars was orbiting for four years then ran out of fuel This caused the spacecraft to plummet at about 8,750 miles per hour right into Mercury's surface making a huge impact crater. At the end, it was good that this spacecraft was ran by machines otherwise the men inside would not have been able to survive.



          Today I also learned more about child abuse and neglect, in general. This topic was presented by Mia C., and she really showed me how child abuse and neglect is horrible. She told me that in the year of 2012 about 1, 593 kids died from abuse and that 44% of them were under the age of one year. One of the ways they abused the children was by faith healing which is not taking your kids to the doctor, instead hoping they heal by themselves. All in all, child abuse is extremely bad and you should encourage others to never do it.

          The way that Michael H. and Mia C. presented their information made me want to look farther into the topic. One way Micheal H. presented his information was by relating the spacecraft plummeting to a rock falling onto the ground from a ten-story building at over 8,000 miles per hour. One way Mia C. presented her information was by showing me the pictures of what the kids look like after being horribly abused. Another way Mia C. presented her information was by showing me graphs and charts in her article to help me understand what the numbers were, like how in 2012 about 1, 593 kids died from abuse. Overall, the reason I chose to write about these topics was because the way the intrigued me by the way they presented their information.

No comments:

Post a Comment